- How long does a neuropsychological evaluation take?
This type of assessment can take between 3 to 8 hours of testing, depending upon the questions being asked. In addition, review of documentation and preparation of a report may be required, often resulting in a total time of 12 to 16 hours.
- Is there a lunch break or other breaks?
Yes, breaks for lunch or brief periods of rest are provided as needed. Lunch is not provided within the NeuroHealth Clinic, although there are a variety of restaurants accessible nearby.
- What is the cost of a neuropsychological evaluation?
There is a range in the cost for such assessment, depending upon the complexity of each case and other factors (i.e., if legal issues are involved). A fee schedule for all services available in the NeuroHealth Clinic may be provided upon request.
- How is the information from a neuropsychological evaluation used?
Information from our evaluations may be used to help guide rehabilitation, care planning and/or to learn strategies/techniques to maximize cognitive performance.
- How do I find services to help me with my cognitive problems?
The NeuroHealth Clinic provides a variety of services to identify and guide community service usage.